Okay, so the feast was great. We missed all those members who couldn't make it. Two things I learned were: 1) keep with my nature and be wary of overcooking things rather than submitting to my fear of giving everyone food poisoning because you can always cook something longer 2) a 2 year old whose hours of sleep are cut in half is ugly to be around. [Charlie has recovered from his lack of sleep and this morning let out a 3 second belch during mass. I WAS mortified, but my humor over took me and I laughed so Daddy took him to the toddlers who can't handle mass room and he played with legos.] Thanks to everyone for your effort in bringing us all together for a meal yesterday. In many ways, it will be more fun than the "real" holiday as our plans involve traveling to almost Florida in our car with all the kids.
Don't let anyone ever tell you you can't do something. I just figured out how to use the turkey fryer, and dropped the turkey in without an explosion! The husband is on the way in from the airport and I might even get a shower before the feast... See y'all soon.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am woman...hear me roar!!!
Way to go,
J
Post a Comment