So, I figured I would try this blog thing out. It would seem that I would be all about figuring out new ways to communicate with people, but I find my mother's nature coming out and am resistant to change (She asked me once while in law school if I could check my email while in Indiana which prompted me to explain that www in fact means world wide web and that Indiana was in fact part of the world. I am sure that will come back to me as Maggie has a very sharp tongue.)
Anyway, I wanted to mention something to you all that needs to be recognized. In college I was in a sorority of 80 or so young women. By the time I graduated thinking about going to a meeting made my skin crawl. The fact that we have such a large diverse group of women in the MOMs group and we aren't "clicky" and superficial is amazing to me. When I try to figure out how this is possible, I remember, we all love God and we all love our children and want to be good stewards of the gift that God has given us in them.
When my brother was killed five years ago, I learned that when all reality is stripped away and all that is left is that dark place inside God is there in me. I was also tormented by interactions I had had with him, things that happened when I was in second grade and on up through the years. I realized during the early days of my mourning that none of the yucky stuff matters. All that exists of my brother now is the Love we shared. All that remains when we leave is love; the acts that we do out of love produce ripples that cross the years. This also inspires me to endeavor only to leave a positive "footprint" on the people I meet and the places I go.
So, thank you ladies for being a network of Christian mothers on whom I can rely for strength, encouragement, and love.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kristin,
Thanks for the great blog message. The wonderful community of mom's that I discovered when I came for a visit last spring is why I joined! Even tho I am limited with the number of events I can attend, I hope to continue to get to know more of the members.
Post a Comment