Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Results from Andrea's biopsy

Hello everyone,
thank you so much for your prayers! I have felt them and needed them desperately. Well, the results came in today, and although they are not clear-cut, they fall more in the good news category. The blood work for the flow cytometry (the cells) came back negative for cancer--PRAISE GOD!!!

The actual lymph node biopsy results read, "Reactive hyperplasia with granuloma. Will present her case to tumor board on Friday." So, hyperplasia, the nurse said, can be very normal and so can the granuloma. Though they are not exactly sure what it means, they said it is not outright cancer, so PRAISE GOD!!

I don't exactly know how to feel right now, because all of my medical issues have not fallen into an all or nothing category, but a "we think it could be this...," and this makes me feel confused.

Nonetheless, I praise God for what appears to be for the most part a good report. I guess the tumor board is going to diagnose me, so I will send more info. when I hear it.

Thank you again for all of your encouragement, prayers, and support, it means a whole lot to me!

Love,
Andrea

No comments: