Right, so I like to do things as inexpensively as possible. So, when I go to McDonald's, I order a 10 piece Nugget meal with milk for the "big kids" and a value meal for me with milk. I give the milk to the kids and drink water with my meal. I had been given flack for it here in town and dealt with it until one day I had enough. I ordered the value meals and when the girl tried to enter the milks, the register wasn't programed to accept it. So, she backed out my order and charged me for each item individually which cost $4.00 more than the original total. It was sort of like the guy in the movie Falling Down, I had had enough. When the manager tried to explain to me that milk was less expensive than coke and that was in fact why she was charging me $4.00 more for my food, my head nearly exploded. I told her to charge me for the value meals, pour me cokes that I do not want, and charge me for the milks which was still $2.00 less expensive than the other way.
After we returned home from our adventure to the convenient care which was the entire reason we went through the drive through in the first place, I emailed McDonalds. I asked if not serving milk with a value meal was a corporate strategy and if it was for them to explain it otherwise please have someone reprogram the registers at the Monticello store to accept milk as a drink option. A couple days later, a representative of the owner's group who owns this store called me. He stated that he would "fix it" and pumped me for information on which employee it was I had interacted with. I politely told him that it was not a particular employee and that I had run up against this before and tolerated it. I probably mentioned something about a straw and camel too.
So, I told Samantha my story one day that we were talking and she later reported that she was told she couldn't order milk with a value meal. Samantha told the girl through the speaker "Yes I can," and without too much more trouble they took care of it.
Today after the meeting, I again caused a problem by ordering milk with my value meal. The long and short of it is that the cashier needs to be told to enter cokes and "promo" the milk. That was the word that was brought to the front from the manager of the store. Today I cut to the chase and told them I had discussed the matter with the owner who said he would fix it. I guess it is fixed. As far as McDonalds go, ours is a pretty good one and my kids always enjoy talking to everyone in the store. I encourage you, if you do eat there and order a value meal, order milk to drink :)
As an aside, here is a link to a cute youtube video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvLgBTJXZUQ
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder if you can order milk at the Forsyth McDonalds. I know at Taco Bell, they usually charge me extra for ordering beans instead of meat on the tacos. (again, because beans are less expensive, I get a surchage)
Post a Comment